It’s been a little over a month since I’ve made my return to the HoN forums and to the weekly IRC events. I feel better spiritually, every day, and manage to find purpose beyond my video games (which are fun, but ultimately just a hobby and shouldn’t be a lifestyle) and the caretaker sort of life that I live. It’s a wonderful, happy thing for me.
Even so, there’s so much more that I need to do, that I need to work on.
When I first resurrected my shrine, I was on the cusp of my monthlies and unable to perform Senut. In the time since then, I’ve found numerous reasons not to do so. I needed new whites, I needed to make a fresh batch of pure natron (my old stuff somehow got wet and I didn’t feel safe using it), I needed to find a comfortable time of day to do it… the list was and is endless. It’s now back to my monthlies and I am unable again, regardless of my reasons.
Enough is enough though. No more making excuses, no more hiding because I’m worried that I’ll enter my shrine and hear No One. I had the same fears when I was first getting ready to start trying Senut, and they were unfounded. I need to remember the feeling I had back then and hold onto it. Remember that as a Shemsu of Kemetic Orthodox, Senut is and should be a part of my routinely worship.
Other things I want to achieve in the next few weeks:
- Secure the necessary photos for the Akhu photo book I got for myself and create a drawing for the cover space.
- Find an appropriate plant/flower(s) for my Akhu shrine, and work on completing the altar.
- Double and triple remind myself of the 6 day Akhu ritual event in February. I’ve been meaning to attend for months, and always manage to forget. I even have the white candle necessary, and have had it for at least six months.
- Light candles and spend a few minutes in shrine to give thanks to Netjer and my Family before settling in for the night.
- Create a personal prayerbook for original prayers. Write some original prayers! Also create a morning ritual for my Dad, and at least spend a few minutes at His altar when I wake up until I can come up with one.
- Stop being a shy feeb and attend one of the Saturday night fellowship chats on stickham.
- Commission artwork for my Beloveds, Djehuty and Serqet, that will be used as a backdrop on Their altar.
- Attend at least one of the Senut support chats that are taking place this month.
- Spend some time reading about my Divine Family and actually work on updating Their pages on this site.
- Make an effort to be creative in Netjer’s honor, particularly in ways that I am unfamiliar with. I’ve been feeling a push to create for Them, but I’ve yet to discover just what it is that I’m meant to do.
- Unearth the rest of my Kemetic books from my boxes so that I can actually work on getting through them.
- Either find the oils I already purchased (went missing during the move >.< ) or obtain new ones for offerings. Replenish candle supplies.
A nice size list, but not impossible. I think I’ll do a goal check in four weeks, which should allow me to have a chance to attend the 6th day Akhu ritual event.